The wellbeing of our guests and associates is of utmost importance for Theme Resorts & Spas.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our hotels across the island are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning.
We are closely monitoring the statements issued by the Health Ministry of Sri Lanka and World Health Organization regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and strictly following their guidelines and those of local health departments.
All hotel staff is advised to take extra preventive methods against the novel coronavirus in par with WHO guidelines. As of now, Theme Resorts & Spas properties have taken the below measures to neutralize the situation.
1) Hand Sanitizer to be kept in all common, easily accessible areas of the properties. (Lobby, restaurant, Garden etc.)
2) Additional measures to be taken during the frequent deep cleaning of the properties (Kitchen / back house / rooms etc.)
3) If any guest has symptoms of the Coronavirus, property manager will immediately inform same to upper management and guests can be taken to the closest government declared observation and treatment centers:
4) Staff members suffering from respiratory ailments are sent on leave and are kept away from the property until they recover.
5) All staff members are educated on the virus and the preventive measures to be taken.
6) Kottamalli / Paspanguwa is given to all staff members at evening tea.
7) Kottamalli / Paspanguwa has been introduced at breakfast for guests as a herbal drink.
Theme Resorts & Spas’ Corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support and coordinate with local and regional authorities.